5.22.2008

The New iPod With 1,000,000,000 GB's!!!

Last Sunday "Rocked"!!!!!

I was so stoked about how the first week of our "iTunes" series went! Everything came together and there's no way it would've happened without the hard work and sacrifice of some awesome people who stepped up in crazy insane ways! So I just need to give a shout out to my peeps:

Avena- Those ipods are genius! I'm stoked that you're as O.C.D. as me! They look great!
Joey- Loved hearing you rock with the band! The song you wrote is seriously epic!
Seiji- My Beloved Intern... I love having you around!!! I was stoked that you were there working hard and the fact that you were extra 'willing' to help Avena with everything...hmmm...
Trevor and the Band-You guys are 100% Grade A Legitness!
David-My Musical Maestro ...The videos you brought "sealed the deal"!!!
Weston-You're a genius! You're dance moves set the stage! I don't know how you do it...but you do!

It's seriously pumps me up to see the people of God...His Body, the Church, being built up like this! It fires me up to see High School students full of passion to serve God give of themselves...their time, their gifts, their skills...and to see God work through them in such tangible ways!
And most importantly, God was doing business with one particular student during our worship service...and THAT makes it ALL worth it! The truth is, it doesn't matter how big and awesome the ipods are or how much the band rocks...God HAS to move. He's the one that changes the hearts!

Read this verse: Psalm 127:1 "Unless the Lord builds the house, it's builders labor in vain..."
Personal translation: "Unless the Lord builds the ipods, the builders labor for nothing..."

Let's be a people that "Labors" for God! Let's BUILD that stinkin house...let's make huge ipods! Lets unleash our God given creativity!...But may we not do it in vain! Jesus HAS to be the center. The foundation. He HAS to be the source of our strength. Otherwise, it's all pointless.

Here are some visuals. Enjoy.







3 comments:

Seiji said...

I'm gonna need to get me one of those. My iPod is full.

The Official JHM Blog said...

Matt Carlson loves the Lord. He also loves Ipods. Genius? I think so...

Anonymous said...

k - the GINORMOUS IPOD is pretty much the COOLEST thing i have ever seen!!!!