8.12.2008

I Don't Need Your Prayer

A friend of mine is working through a tough situation right now and shared it with me. Honestly, it made me angry, frustrated, annoyed, perturbed, and just plain mad as I listened to what is taking place!
Unfortunately, it's a pretty common issue and can be extremely hurtful. I've been through this but never got the chance to blog about it. So, here's my chance...while I'm all worked up!

Ok, so here's the deal:

The next time you hear someone talking behind my back, questioning my integrity, or speaking poorly of my character...PLEASE DON'T TELL ME! I don't need to hear it from you, especially if it's wrapped in the, "I heard a few things...and...well, I'm praying for you Matt." package!
You may feel like you're helping me by saying that, but you're not. You're actually spreading a disgusting virus and poisoning me when you say you heard someone gossiping about me! I DON'T NEED TO KNOW THAT! If you care so much and really want to pray for me, start by praying for YOURSELF!!! Pray for the boldness to SPEAK UP and tell the person with the problem to come directly to me!

Truth is, I don't want your PRAYER...I want your PROTECTION!

Words are powerful. They can build. They can destroy. Scripture teaches that over and over. The most secular, left-winged liberal would agree with that!

Stop poisoning. Start protecting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother!