3.03.2008

Sex Ed!!!




Well, week 1 of SexEd finally began yesterday. Yes...finally. I say that because I've been looking forward to this series for awhile now. Is that strange? I know that's probably a weird thing to hear. I mean, who looks forward to talking about sex in front of a big group of high school students?
Well, I do.

And, I'll tell you why. First off, when you feel passionately about something and you feel burdened with a message...you simply look forward to sharing it.
And what I've realized is that we are losing today's generation because we are not speaking boldly to the truth of sex.

The truth? God invented it. Culture has corrupted it.

Our society wants us to think that they own sex...or that Hollywood somehow owns the copyright. And what I feel has happened is that we as the church have begun to swallow that lie. And so, talking about it in church has become taboo and "ungodly". Well that makes me sick.

We're here as God's people to reclaim what belongs to God and to educate today's generation about His original design for sex! We can't and won't sit by and watch Hollywood and pop culture lull our young people to sleep and get them to stray from God's amazing intentions for their lives!

That's a message worth sharing!!!

No comments: